Where to begin?
Every project begins with a 2 hour initial consultation and on-site walkthrough.
- Furniture layout, accessory or furniture placement
- Paint colour selection and art placement; whither it’s a gallery wall or a piece of artwork.
- Scope of work & project proposal
Many people find the initial consultation requires a follow-up!
I’ll also be providing furniture store and trade contact suggestions (i.e. painter, cabinet maker, upholster, electrician, plumber, contractor, etc.).
What do I want?
- Do you have inspirational images? If not, Pinterest & Houzz are helpful resources to gather ideas
- Reference to my Pinterest site (https://www.pinterest.com/saracavaco/)
- To better understand what your vision is, inspirational images establish a strong starting point and a direction in achieving the desired end goal
How to get what I want?
- The space of the project is thoroughly measured which includes an inventory of the existing electrical outlets, lighting, door swings, windows, bulkheads and so on
- Incorporating inspirational images into the design
- From the information gathered a proposed layout will be created. Detailed drawings are completed and ready for construction to start
- Sourcing and selection of finishes such as paint colours, plumbing fixtures, appliances, lighting, tiles, countertops, flooring, furniture, etc.
How to experience a stress free renovation?
- The entire renovation process will be coordinated by me; from the beginning, during the construction phase and completion
- Planning, monitoring, coordinating and directing with the contractor or other trades, documenting and closing out the job
- All communication is stream-lined through me, reducing any confusion
How to add the finishing touches?
- Source and stage decorative items to complete the space and give that polished “magazine” look